Knowing how to fix slow Facebook games is a great skill to have. Facebook is one of the most popular places on the internet, generally jockeying for the second or third place on the list of most trafficked sites. While social networking is commonly about keeping in touch with friends and sharing what you’ve found online, it’s becoming more and more about playing games. Anyone who has played even a little bit of Farmville knows how fun and addictive these games are, and how frustrating it is to deal with these diversions operating slowly.
The Causes of Slow Facebook Games
Knowing how to fix slow Facebook games requires understanding why these games are running slowly in the first place. It is highly unlikely these games are running slowly due to a lack of power in your computer as these games are designed to run smoothly on very weak mobile devices and phones.
Instead, one of the following is more likely the root cause:
- There is a problem with your copy of the Flash player. Nearly all Facebook games run using this content player, so when your version isn’t working right it can’t run Facebook games as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- There are software problems on your computer that are causing general issues with slowdown.
How to Fix Slow Facebook Games
Neither of the above problems are too difficult for anyone to fix, even if you aren’t particularly computer literate.
- There are a lot of reasons why your Flash player might not work as smoothly as possible. The most likely reason is because you are running an older version of Flash, or your copy became damaged during your install.
Both of these problems can be fixed by simply uninstalling your copy of Flash, and then installing the most recent version available.
- If the above fix doesn’t work, and if it isn’t due to a slow internet connection, than you probably are dealing with general slowdown on your computer. For many people their computer slows down a little bit at a time, so gradually that they don’t even notice that anything has happened until they run into something like a Facebook game running slower than they know it should.
The easiest way to increase the speed of your computer is to clear out all of the unnecessary files that your computer has accumulated over the years. Getting a general all purpose cleaning program like CC Cleaner will work wonders.
Turning on Your Computer’s Nitro
The main digital space where people’s computers accumulate corrupted files that slow processes down and corrupt otherwise healthy files is in their registry. Your computer’s registry provides a lot of information on how to run various programs and applications it requires- including Flash, your internet connection and your web browser. Clearing these corrupted files out of your registry is one of the best ways to speed up your computer in general, and one of the best ways how to fix slow Facebook games specifically.
- Fixing Registry Errors Windows 7
This article will discuss ways on how computer users can fix registry errors Windows 7. There is act...
- Effects.Dll Error – How to Fix the Error
The occurrence of effects.dll error can affect the performance of your computer. Also, it is certain...
- Why Windows 7 Frequently Does Freezes?
As technology develops, news things were being introduced, from the new computers, music players, ga...
- Why Does My Computer Freezes All The Time
Why my computer does freezes all the time and shows off blue screen? Usual question that most of the...
- Vista System Restore Not Working
If Vista system restore isn’t working, than your computer is open to a wide variety of nasty problem...